Saturday 20 January 2018

A Little Farther

Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God, and saying,‘This is the time of fulfillment, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news.
As Jesus passed along the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake—for they were fishermen. And Jesus said to them, ‘Come, Follow me and I will make you fish for people.’ And immediately they left their nets and followed him. As he went a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John, who were in their boat mending the nets. Immediately he called them; and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men, and followed him.
- Mark 1:14-20



This Sunday's Gospel was the the focus of a day of Recollection (mini retreat) for our community today. There is so much to reflect on in this gospel, however the phrase "a little farther" stirred in me and brought forth this reflection.

Can you go
On for the journey?
More to see,
Experience and be.

From day one I was 
Opened up to
Listen to your voice,
Learned to hear your voice
Only to go deeper
With hope and promise.

My life continues to unfold
Encountering you in the everyday.

The way, the truth, the life - you are
Hope-filled, joy-filled, servant-heart living I strive for
In many ways each each and every day,
Serving you, seeking you... my all.

In moments great and moments small,
Sometimes tough, sometimes not.

The question comes once again,
How about it? can you go a little farther?
Entering the dance with me?

Touching my heart, I pause
Is this transformation, I wonder?
My all I desire to give to you
Eyes filled with wonder I say yes!


Then I hear what seems like a glad whisper...
I will make you a fisher of people.



No comments:

Post a Comment