Saturday 11 February 2023

In Every Age You Have My Hand

 



When the storms of life are constant,

when the waves never seem to cease,

when the roar of wind is all I feel,

I trust O God you have my hand.

 

When it feels like it’s always uphill,

when the climb is very steep,

when the peak is not in view,

I trust O God you have my hand.

 

When war rages in my head,

when the tug of war is intense,

when I must shelter in place,

I trust O God you have my hand.

 

When I’m frozen in the cold,

when I’m lost in uncertainty,

when there seems to be no letting up,

I trust O God you have my hand.

 

In every age O God, you are present

you meet me,

you walk with me,

you know me.

 

In every age O God, your love endures

enlightening my heart,

opening my eyes,

guiding my feet.

 

In every age O God, you remain

steadfast and faithful,

generous and good,

merciful and kind.

 

In every age O God, I turn to you,

you are my breath,

you are my way,

you are my life.

 

In every age O God, you have my hand every day.

 

 

Inspired by Matthew 14.31 and Psalm 90

  

Photo Credit: Rod Long



No comments:

Post a Comment