Thursday 18 September 2014

It's Still All Good!


They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength,
they will soar as with eagles’ wings;
they will run and not grow weary,
walk and not grow faint.
-          Isaiah 40.31

 

These are the words from scripture at Evening Prayer tonight. They seem to best describe my last month of waiting. The past several weeks have been challenging at times, but have been graced filled and blessed as well.

I have indeed hoped in the Lord, and kept that hope, even on the days when it felt like I would never get to the Novitiate House.

I have soared with times of prayer, quiet, walks, journaling, serving, dialoguing with my Brothers here and at the Novitiate and with our staff.

I have run with a focus on Christ, this focus has helped me to keep calm, to be patient, to trust, and to discover the joys and blessings of this detour.

I have walked and not grown faint, my doubts have been conquered by Christ’s peace, the  overwhelming support and love of family, friends and brothers, and an openness to the journey even with a bit of an unpredicted start.

 
A thought from the reflections of Saint Francis:
Christ will be exalted through me, for to me life means Christ!
These are words that I root my journey and hope in, yes Christ indeed is my life.
 
 
A month ago I said…
It’s All Good!

And indeed it is!

By Saturday morning I will be settled into the Novitiate House and becoming familiar with routines, schedules, and life with my 14 Brothers and 4 Directors. My Visa has been approved and flights are booked.

I humbly ask for your prayers in these months ahead. Please also pray for my Brother Novices, our Directors and the Franciscans in Canada and the USA.

 
Thank you for journeying with me on this blog.

So I say for the second time… My blog will be silent now until August 2015 as I enter into my Novitiate Year and enter more fully into this Franciscan journey.

It’s All Good!
For God is Good and God's Goodness is ours to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment