Monday 5 August 2013

Trust in the Lord


At Mass on Sunday the closing song was ‘Trust in Lord’ (a favorite song of my family). It is usually my Mom who cries her way through this song, but it was me that was overcome with emotion as we sang. The words speak of where I am now and my journey ahead.  The refrain says, ‘Trust in the Lord; you shall not tire. Serve you the Lord; you shall not weaken. For the Lord’s own strength will uphold you. You shall renew your life and live.’

I was overcome with how God continues to work in my life and how God has blessed me with so many gifts and talents and skills and opportunities and awesome people. The words helped me to see the journey ahead will be full of blessings.  So I trust in God more and more, for God is so good and longs to lavish us with unending love and mercy! I desire to serve the world, my family, friends and community in joy and faith. For the times when I will be tired or weak, I know that my God will surround and fill me with strength and courage so I can go forth and live. This is how much my God loves me, and loves each one of us. I will continue to trust and hope and live because of this gift. My life will continually be renewed and opened up to all that God unfolds before me.

I am grateful for Saint Francis slowly nudging me, hinting at me and whispering to me about his path that leads to Christ, I am ready for the adventure that awaits and am open to the path that lies ahead, let’s just hope that it includes final vows as a Franciscan!
I am also very grateful for my family, dear friends and the larger community who support me and continue to surround me with prayers and love. As my nieces reminded me ‘my life would suck without you’. So thank you for filling my life with so much, I don’t know if I can express enough what your prayers and support mean to me.

As I prepare to take leave from the comforts of home and familiar faces I share with you the words from a Garth Brooks song that my nieces sang for me at my family celebration…

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all...
Yes, I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Getting ready to sail my vessel into new waters, knowing God is my captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment