Sunday 22 June 2014

Good People


Over the past week I have travelled, met up with my fellow Postulant Brothers, got settled into our ‘Summer House’ on campus, went through group formation, toured the area, prayed together and celebrated Eucharist. This graced time has been very life-giving and the classes only begin on Monday!

As I look back over the course of my life the one thing that God has blessed me with is good people in the journey at the right time. I look at the gift of my family; my parents and siblings, my Grandparents and relatives forming me, helping to shape a part of who I am and giving me roots. I look at my nephews and nieces and Godchildren how they have blessed my journey with so much joy, hope and excitement. I look at my dear friends who stayed by my side, who have loved me when it’s easy and when it’s not so easy. I look at former co-workers who came along side me and inspired me. I look at community members and parishioners who encouraged me and shared kindness. I look at my Postulancy Director and Postulancy Community of Friars and friends who took my foundation and gifts and called them out even more.

I now look at the Friar Guardian for this summer and my 12 Brothers that I will live with for the next 5 weeks and then during Novitiate. These men, my brothers are men of prayer, of service, and of desiring to follow Christ through the path of St. Francis. These brothers have proven themselves to be welcoming, kind, fun, good humored and good listeners. We come from all walks of life – artists, navy, engineers, students, and theatre (just to name a few), we range in age from 20 to 56 and we come from several different cultures – Iraqi, Mexican, Salvadorian, Filipino, American and of course Canadian. We are a unique group but a group that has bonded quickly, respects each other and will enjoy a journey together over the next 12 months.
 
I am so grateful for the blessings of good people in my life.

 

My schedule over the next few weeks will look a bit like this:

Morning Prayer - 7:45 am

Class – all morning

Afternoons – for studying, quiet, prayer and play

Mass – 4:30 pm

Evening Prayer or Night Prayer
 
Not to mention House duties, additional campus activities and Tim Horton's runs! (That's right Tim Horton's has gone south of the border!)

 
All taking place on a beautiful Franciscan campus, where we will walk to a gorgeous chapel to pray, off to a new classroom to study, into a huge dining hall to enjoy good food (when we are not cooking) and on paths to get some exercise, good conversation or quiet.

It is a full schedule but it will be so rewarding!

 
 
 
 
Francis is calling to me and my brothers.
We desire to live the gospel and share the good news.
God is at work in all of this. What more could I want?


Please pray for Abel, Javier, Daniel, Christian, Josh, Jay, Dale,
Josh, Nickolas, Fernando, Alan, Mark, Ron and myself.
(photo not in order of list and 2 are missing)
 
Know of my payers for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment