Saturday 21 May 2016

Goodness, Love, Perfection: Trinity Sunday Questions

Trinity
3 in 1
Father – Son – Holy Spirit

The more I study and read for classes the more I come to understand, appreciate and discover the amazing gift of the Trinity. The Trinity is all about relationship – perfect love, communication and unity. The Trinity is about perfect relationship which is something we all strive for and want, ultimately something that is a pure gift of God.

Perfect Love
Perfect Communication
Perfect Unity

The more I realize these gifts of the Trinity, the more I realize I need to work on them in my own life. Maybe perfect is a stumbling block for me. I will be the first to admit I consider myself a perfectionist and I also know the trials and tribulations this causes in my life. So I struggle to grasp how to immerse myself in the perfection that is God. Then maybe that is in the answer in itself. God is perfect and invites me to enter into God’s perfection by being who God created me to be and by continually striving to embrace the gift of relationship with God: Father, Son & Holy Spirit. I must realize that I am not perfect, nor will I ever me until I am embraced in the fullness of the Triune love of God.

In order to embrace the invitation and ultimately the gifts of my life I have to look at love, communication and unity in my own life. I have to be able to admit that these are areas that I am not perfect in and I need to continue to work on them.

How often do I put conditions on my love?
How often do I alter my communication to benefit me?
How often do I avoid unity by my actions and judgments?

Tough questions that indeed challenge me.

This Trinity Sunday is causing me to ponder my relationship with God, community (family, friends, brothers, society), creation and myself.

Do I strive for free/open/honest love, communication and unity in these relationships?
Do I put up walls, create confusion or don’t take risks to embrace relationships that are healthy, life-giving, nurturing?
Do I respect, appreciate and see my connection with creation?
Do I take care of myself so I can continue to offer Christ who dwells in me?

Lots of questions, I know! I guess that is what Trinity Sunday and Spring classes does to me!

The ultimate love fest of God which is the Trinity causes me to look at my sharing of love.
Is it free?
Is it genuine?
Is it rooted in Christ (not myself)?

The Trinity is always about the love connection between each other… how else do you create perfect love? The Love connection which is life, which is freedom, which is more than what I can express or understand is only perfect in God… not in our pets, kids, spouse, church, friends, cars, homes, celebrations or gifts, etc. … and for that I take a deep breath and say thank you God!

Trinity Sunday, much to ponder… a lot of questions… some letting go so I can be more open to the love fest of God that I am invited into and that surrounds me and strengthens me so I can do my part in my relationships.

So why not end with some finally thoughts to ponder… for you.. for me.. for everyone...

Which relationships do I need to work? What areas?
What is my image of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit?
Can I see how the Trinity is at work in my life? Providing, presence, perfecting? Creating?
Freedom in perfect love means what to me?

God is goodness… is love… is personal.

“The Trinity of goodness, reveals itself as a creative unity of persons “being in love”.” 
– Sr. Ilia Delio, O.S.F


May we continue to trust in God’s goodness and embrace it more,
May we remember that our God is madly in love with us,
And may we give thanks to God for the beautiful gift of relationship.
Amen.


Many Blessings on your week!

Now back to the books for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment