Monday 22 July 2013

Six Years of Ministry


This week marks the end of my six years of ministry as a Pastoral Assistant.  Six years equals a lot of hours given in the name of Jesus Christ. Six years equals many happy memories and amazing successes. Six years equals a time of growth, development and a deepening faith. What a blessing to look back on six years of ministry.

In my six years I have:

-          met amazing people of all ages and all walks of life

-          encouraged people to share their gifts

-          worked with committees in developing programs, prayers, and celebrations

-          journeyed with children and youth through sacraments, RCIC and Youth Ministry

-          sang with amazing choirs

-          celebrated the awesomeness of the Church Year in so many great ways

-          allowed creativity to flourish

-          decorated with talented people

-          laughed, cried, comforted and rejoiced with our young people

-          walked freely into 3 super Catholic elementary schools and felt right at home

-          have been amazed over and over again

-          shared my love of the saints and seasons

-          attended prayer and Mass and have gone forth nourished and renewed

-          been encouraged in my own journey of faith

 
It is because of the journey over the past six years that I was able to quiet myself enough in the busyness of the ministry to hear God’s voice. I had many great conversations with God and God allowed me to take my time through the journey. God is amazingly patient and loving and so when I finally opened myself up a bit more and said to God at the beginning of this year ‘do something new in me’, God poured into my life the journey that lies ahead. Over the past six years the many blessings that have nurtured and filled my life have propelled me forward and allowed me to discern and say to God: ‘okay, I trust You, I give You permission to do something new in me.’ The new being my journey with the Franciscans.

Sure there are people, celebrations, challenges, routines, community and simply things that are a part of my ministry and this community that I will miss, however I carry these forward like a treasure and a source of inspiration and hope. God is always good and I trust in that and the prayers, encouragement and friendship from a great community of faith.

I feel very blessed and I am very grateful today and always. Know that I will hold Resurrection in my prayers and look forward to visits when I return. May we all continue to walk in the light of Christ, for we are all people of the Resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment